January 7, 2010

My Second And Final Comment On The Sociopathic Tiger Woods

If it seems a bit quieter here lately, the reason is simple: I'm not interested in breathlessly covering every aspect of the so-called Tiger Woods Scandal and how it is going to be Golf's Armageddon.  If you want that, well, glance at the links on the right hand side of the page, you won't have to look long.  That coupled with golf's offseason both in the pro and amateur ranks (it's pretty cold most places, even the Tampa Bay newspaper is printing cold-weather golf tips) and recovering from wrist surgery, well, there's not much to say...until today as the SBS Open kicks off and once again the PGA Tour is back on the course on the road to the FedEX Cup in late summer.

People have asked me, however, what I think about the happenings around Tiger Woods since Thanksgiving.

That said, I will say this: I am disappointed in Tiger Woods as a man and husband.  Calling his actions indiscretions would be like saying Ted Bundy guilty of involuntary manslaughter.  Woods constantly, consistently and consciously demeaned his family, and in my book, that's nearly as low as you can get.  Now he has hidden himself from the public ridicule he so richly deserves, which only underlines his narcissism and cowardice as far as I am concerned.

I am happy he won't be playing golf on my television any time soon.  I don't want to see him.  I'd much rather watch likeable players who actually treat people around them as well, human beings.  Woods has never had a problem ignoring his fans, snapping at them if they make a peep or sending his caddy into the crowd to violently confront them if they snap a picture of him when they are not allowed.  I used to view that as a sign of Woods' competitive drive, but now I see it for what it really is: a sign of his sociopathic tendencies; and yes, Tiger Woods displays every bit of a serious psychopathic disorder. After all, a prototypical sociopath has deficits or deviances in several areas: interpersonal relationships, emotion, and self-control.  Sounds like the World's #1 in 2009, n'est c'est pas?

The PGA Tour cranks up again today, and as far as I am concerned, I would rather be talking about the sport I love and people I admire.  While I may admire what Tiger Woods can do with a golf club, as a fellow human being, I have little if any admiration for him.  That said, the point of this blog is to talk about golf, which is what we'll talk about from now on.  Again, look down to the right if you want to know what Inside Edition, TMZ and Entertainment Tonight are reporting.  You won't find it here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say? We'd love to hear it.